Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CASE Study and Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger

It seems like such a beautiful day out and it makes me so happy!

That and I got some crafting time in... ;)

I love CASE StudyThey're CASE-ing Iwona aka Chupa at CASE Study and I knew right away it would be difficult to find just one card amongst her prolific creations! She has such a variety of styles, too! I finally went with this card:

Only I used the colors from this week's GORGEOUS Tuesday Trigger photo at Moxie Fab World!


Here is what I came up with:


I had to keep the face of this card in the shade because it's difficult to see the really light pink dotted spot. I picked out the green and pink from the Moxie Fab inspiration photo, stamping it onto Soft Stone cardstock. The black card base has been impressed with the Canvas side of the Linen & Canvas impression plate though it's impossible to see here.

The sentiment was stamped onto vellum with Palette Noir ink. I colored the rhinestones to match the pink and green with Copic markers.

Thanks for stopping by!



{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Soft Stone, True Black, Vellum
  • Stamps: Dot Spot, Signature Greetings
  • Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Versamagic Pixie Dust, Versamagic Tea Leaves, Memento Pear Tart, Versamagic Key Lime (all Tsukineko), Palette Noir
  • Other Tools: Copic Multiliner pen, rhinestones/iRock (Imaginisce), R24 & YG25 Copic markers, Linen & Canvas impression plate

15 comments:

Shirley said...

Loving this! The colors are so soft, pretty, and just wonderful!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So gorgeous!! I love the addition of vellum, I've seen it many times but always forget to try it myself... thanks so much for playing! xxx

Karen B. said...

Oh this is so so beautiful and soft, the vellum just adds to that softness.

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Iwona is a very creative lady, and you have done her proud with your CASE of her project. Your card is fabulous!

Darla Weber said...

Love your card!

Lisa Petrella said...

Awesome card! I love the overall design and the way you added the frame with the multiliner pen!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Dana, this is simply stunning! Love the soft colours and the vellum is perfect! Wonderful take on Iwona's card and the inspiration piece!

lynn said...

yep, i love this, dana:) pretty colors and i esp. like the vellum sentiment!

Sue Kohler said...

Truely superb!! from the colours to the frame and the vellum sentiment, a gorgeous work of art!
Thanks for sharing with us at CASE study! :)

Arlene said...

Truly beautiful...the vellum was the perfect touch for this card! Gorgeous! :)

Jean Martin said...

This is sooo beautiful! I'm so glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge. :)

Jingle said...

Very pretty card! I love it!

kasia c. said...

AWESOME!! I love that vellum panel and the colours on the dotted stamp.......perfection. Great take on the challenges. :)
Hope you are continuing to enjoy the summer!

Cath said...

Hey Dana! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

I love your interpretation of both challenges! Your card is gorgeous!! ;o)