Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Paper Smooches SPARKS and Simon Says Stamp Challenges

I used the colors from the Paper Smooches SPARKS photo and the Simon Says Stamp sketch (see both photos below my card pic) to make this:


I was going to add this to the CASE Study challenge (Signature Style) but forgot that my midnight is not necessarily the same as other midnights...  ;)

I snagged the colors from the gorgeous PS photo: kraft, light blue, bright pink and white (which could also be cream, of course). I also loved the bling and used some rhinestones of my own.

I started out by die cutting and embossing the focal square and then leaving the die in place while I inked the edges with Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Distress Ink (difficult to tell with the lighting!). I stamped that darling ice cream cone and then paper-pieced it (heat embossed with clear powder on Kraft and Raspberry Fizz). The face was stamped with black ink and the cheeks done with my Versamark pen.

The sentiment piece was die cut with Mega Deckled Rectangles, stamped with black ink and heat embossed with clear powder.

The background was stamped with the little candy and triple-dot (sprinkles?) stamps after masking off the center strip. I had to hold myself back from adding the cute little face to the candies... I didn't want them to compete with the focal image. I then pierced the border lines.

The strip of light blue on the side was die cut with Papertrey Ink's Eyelet Lace border die. Rhinestones were added to the open circles.

Thanks for visiting!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Rain
  • Stamps: Sugar Rush (Paper Smooches)
  • Ink: Versamark (ink pad and pen), Versamark Dazzle: Frost, Memento Tuxedo Black (all Tsukineko), Spun Sugar Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Squares, Deckled Mega Rectangles (both Spellbinders), Eyelet Lace border
  • Other Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), rhinestones (dollar store), paper piercer (Tim Holtz Tonic Studios), clear embossing powder (Filigree)

4 comments:

kasia c. said...

Dana this is AWESOME! I love the poerced borders and that fabulous candy top and bottom. The bling in the eyelet punch is fab!
:)

Lynn said...

I love the sweet little ice cream cone! So adorable!

thriftyfinn said...

Level of cuteness is insane! I have to add this into my ideas bookmarks.

Laurie said...

Dana this is adorable!! I love the layout of your card!