Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If Nothing Ever Changed... - CASE Study 70 Challenge

I love Amy Sheffer's work!! And subscribe to her blog. For December she has been the Muse at the  CASE Study Challenge blog. Here it is close to the end of the month and I haven't entered in  any of her 'Muse' challenges there! So I tightened my belt and put something together for the CASE Study Challenge #70 since this is the last one before Christmas. And, thank you Amy for sharing your fantastic talent and creativity with us and inspiring us through your creative designs.

I always like the black and cream/ivory colour combination; it's so classy. And with Amy adding just a touch of that aqua blue, it's gorgeous! Here's my take on Amy's stunning card.


The paper piecing for the medallion was detailed cutting, but worth the effort. I cut them from a scrap of Teresa Collins Noel: Black Damask and attached them to the back of the circle. You can't see it in this photo, but I used Glossy Accents on sections of those cutouts. You can see where I used them on the blue border of the black circle.

Two ribbons were used; a wide ivory satin and a narrower shear black. And, I used Black Enamel Accents. Love the stuff...the enamel accents that is. The cream background is embossed using the Cuttelbug Kassie's Brocade folder while leaving a strip at the bottom for stamping the sentiment. The sentiment and butterfly stamp is a tiny stamp set from Technique Tuesday called 'Wing It'.

Thank you so much for stopping by. It's great to hear from you, and have a Merry Christmas!


ADDED JANUARY 1, 2012 10:36 PM PST
I'm so very excited because I won the challenge with this card!! :) It is a great honor to me because I love Amy Sheffer's work and follow her blog faithfully......and because Chupa and other DT Members of the CASE Study challenge blog are well known, admired and respected,and not to mention, so very talented!






9 comments:

Lynn said...

Sabrina, this is gorgeous! Such a fabulous take on the inspiration card!

Dana said...

I love Amy's work, too! Your card looks terrific, Mom!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wooooowww. This is stunning, and a great combination of our challenge with that of CASE Study, Sabrina. I think this is pure elegance!

Thanks for leaving a comment at my own blog, and also for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe. Merry Christmas!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...so luv the colors and design....stunning! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

enjoy *~*

Debby said...

Wonderful details combine to create a truely wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Christyne Kane said...

This card is so beautiful! I love that big ribbon and your textured background!!

Jean Martin said...

WOW! I'm still in shock at how patient you are hand cutting that medallion! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh how gorgeous and elegant! You've totally made my day with this lovely CASE! Thank you so much!!

Vickie Z said...

Wow... Fabulous detail cutting and definitely worth the cutting... at least to my eyes!!! Love the butterfly!!!