Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My First Wedding Card

I apologize for the quality of these pictures and promise to take better ones in the future!

I'll also start paying more attention to details like what cartridge I used in my Cricut Expression to cut out the general card and such... I probably used New Arrival.

To create the edge along the bottom of the front of the card I used EK Success Fleur de Lis punch. I made it pop out more by applying a black liner to the inside of the card (more later). The red dotted line above the edging was hand-drawn with a ruler and a red metallic gel pen.

The background was done using the Storybook cartridge: Shift+ 2 + Accent/Frame.

The silhouetted couple on the front was done using the Wild Card cartridge: + Icon. I used pop dots to create a three-dimensional effect.

The black liner on the interior of the card was "dry embossed" using the Textile Texture Cuttlebug folder.

The marquee was done using the Storybook cartridge: . The saying is just stamped on and the red border was hand-drawn with a red metallic gel pen. I used pop dots to create a three-dimensional effect, which I don't often do on the interior of a card.

The sentiments were stamped on and the word "Love" was drawn over with a red metallic gel pen.

After this picture was taken, I also dissected 3 small pictures of the happy couple from their wedding invitation and placed them at different angles around the sentiment.

No comments: