Welcome to Scrapbooker's Paradise next Playing in Paradise challenge!
This week, Allison Fillo has created some original sketches for us to play with.
I used her card layout to create a home decor piece for a friend. I've worked it out to be a Mother's Day gift... ;)
In hindsight, I believe I should have placed the middle descriptor above the chair rather than across the middle. I'm new to creating this type of project and so will learn along the way.
I cut out a 5" x 7" piece of black cardstock for the base of my project. I die cut a Grand Labels 4 Spellbinders using my Cuttlebug and then trimmed it to make the flap above. Keeping the die in place, I made a dashed border with my Copic Multiliner pen and then stamped the sentiment. After die cutting the number 3 in both black and green, I stamped the green with Versamark ink and then put it through my Fiskars crimper. I always use Scor-Tape to adhere things like this.
After die-cutting the green border, I inked it a bit with Peeled Paint Tim Holtz Distress Ink and my blending tools. I adhered it with my Xyron. I added some black saddle stitch ribbon and some black gingham ribbon over that, again using Scor-Tape.
I die cut and embossed some new Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles and stamped the chair image into each. I also stamped the chair on a Post-it note, being sure that the sticky portion was directly beneath. I then cut out the centre of the chair and used it as a mask when stamping the damask onto each chair. I colored around each chair with my T1 Copic.
Each descriptor and the friend sentiment was stamped onto a strip of white cardstock and then trimmed a bit. I then placed the ends in my 3/4" circle punch to round them.
Deadline: Thursday, April 28th @ noon
Prize Info: This week's prize is Reminsice Western Stickers and chipboard from the new line!
Be sure to check out the other DT projects!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Simply Chartreuse (both Papertrey Ink), black - Cricut cardstock (Provo Craft)
- Stamps: Chair-ished, Top Ten, Top Ten Additions, Fillable Frames #11, Damask Designs, Simple Valentine (all Papertrey Ink)
- Ink: Paris Dusk, Rhubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves, Tuxedo Black (all Memento), Peeled Paint (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
- Ribbon: True Black saddle stitch and gingham (both Papertrey Ink)
- Dies: Victorian Lace, the number '3' (both Papertrey Ink), Grand Labels 4, Reverse Wonky Rectangles (both Spellbinders)
- Other Tools: Copic Multiliner pen, paper crimper (Fiskars), 3/4" circle punch (Marvy Uchida)