CPS 240 & CR84FN Challenges

It's time for another card. I chose to enter CPS240 sketch challenge and CR84FN Color challenge. Working with kraft paper has always been a challenge for me, and the sketch I knew would challenge me a little as well stretching my creativity a little. This is my take on the challenges, and I must once again ask that you forgive the poor quality of the photos. It's late, I have to work tomorrow, and I don't have the time or feel like retaking the photos.
 
I used Martha Stewart's Deco Fan corner punch to create the brown base behind the red patterned Provo Craft Cuttlebug Scallop Circle die cuts. The kraft sentiment piece was cut using Spellbinders Labels Fourteen. I used only one of them to create the three pieces tracing the outer edge on the brown and cutting it out; the red actually was die cut; and the kraft piece was traced along the inside of the die, cut out, and ink blended around the edge with a red and then brown ink. Here are some close-ups to view.
Well there you have it, another birthday card to add to my stock pile, and a lot of fun putting this card together. I have a question for you. Do you think I should have inked the edges of the kraft background square like I did the sentiment piece?
 
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy crafting!
 




Woops! I just realized that I forgot to use brown pearls! I meant to center one in each red circle and add some on the sentiment piece as well. Darn it.

TOOLS & SUPPLIES
Stamps: PTI
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versa Fine Vintage Sepia, Color Box Cranberry
Punch: Martha Stewart Deco Fan Corner Punch
Spellbinders: Labels Fourteen


 

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Sabrina, this is lovely. I love the deep reds.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Sabrina! Love the fancy embellishments and the soft shading around the sentiment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Tigriswillreign said...

So fun, Mom! Love your use of the colors!

Shirley said...

Stunning! Love your colors and how you did your punched areas too!

stampingbowd said...

Just Beautiful!!!! Gorgeous card!!!

Deborah Frings said...

This is lovely. I like the little embellishments behind the sentiment label! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful design and sponging! The colours are so rich. I love it!

Cheryl said...

This is such a lovely card. I love the depth of the sentiment layers and your sponging is perfect. I think it would have taken away from the striking sentiment if you'd sponged the edges of the card, also. It's perfect as is! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Andrea M said...

Lovely layers and sponging! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!