FMS 89 & SN June Summer Challenges

-My second posting for today!

Hello everyone. Glad you stopped by to have a peek at double challenges I've entered. I'm entering this card for the Freshly Made Sketch #89, and the Spectrum Noir Markers June Summer challenges.

This card has the first such scene I've coloured with my Spectrum Noir Markers. It was learning experience for me and I hope the next ocean scene will come out better. Here is my card.




To the left is the FMS89 sketch. And this is what SN had to say about their fun Challenge -
Welcome to the Spectrum Noir Challenges!
Our June 2013 challenge is all about SUMMER.  Create any card or project, use your Spectrum Noir pens to color your image, make sure it has a summer theme (you can color a summery image, use colorful patterned/backing papers, summer-themed embellishments…whatever you choose!), and you can play along with us!


I have a couple more SN June Summer entries I'll post later. This one has to be in by tomorrow noon for FMS89.

Here are a few detail photos.

 

I'm getting pretty good at tying these sailor knots. Now for a close up of the coloured image.


I stamped the image from My Favorite Things "Inspired by Lighthouses" in Memento London Fog ink. I felt that the gray would look better than the black. For paper I used the 6 x 6 pad of My Mind's Eye Collectable "Notable" which had some very nice bright and deep Summer colours. And instead of throwing out the scraps I used them for the banners outside and inside. A rarity for me to complete the inside of a card, but rather than throw it all out...


So that's it for this card entry. And just a note, you'll see this card again as I'm also using it for a Spectrum Noir class in July along with the two other cards I plan on entering at the Spectrum Noir June Challenge. A list of the markers used for colouring are below.

Thank you for checking out my bright summery entry. Happy papercrafting everyone!







Here are the markers used to colour this stamp


Cliffs/Rock: BG6, EB7, BG2, EB2, EB1
Grass: DG4, DG2, CG1, EB1
Sky: TB1, BT1, and palette
Buildings: DR7, TN3, DR3, OR1, IG1, blender

9 comments:

Linda Suarez said...

I love your take on the sketch! And I think your coloring is great - it's a beautiful image! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tigriswillreign said...

Gorgeous, Mom!!

Kelly S. said...

Oh I LOVE the way you turned this sketch! So perfect with your nautical theme. Gorgeous coloring on your lighthouse. The whole thing makes me so happy! I lived on the Jersey Shore from 6th-12th grade and this reminds me of Barnegat Light! Looking forward to my vacation in NJ this summer :)

LeAnne said...

Stunning!

Allisa said...

Fabulous card! Love the scene you have created and the inside as well. Awesome job on the coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

Your ocean scene is so beautiful and so beautifully colored! I love the DSPs that you chose, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anonymous said...

awesome.. love the image, coloring and entire layout! great job and thanks for playing! Jennie black

lindah11 said...

i just love your card you have done a super job it's such a peaceful card to look at stirs emotions great job
thank you for taking the time to join in on the challenge
hugs linda xxx

1CraftyPainter said...

What a great card! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us in the Spectrum Noir challenge.

Summer