Gate Fold Album - All In Neutrals



 
I've been working on several albums of late, and am enjoying the projects. The one I'm showing you today was a bit of an experiment using only neutral colours in Basic Gray, Sarah Sand, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and a black cover using a non-Stampin' Up! product called Kraft-Tex. Its a paper/fabric which doesn't tear or crack with use, as cardstock can. That's why I used this product. I did learn a few things in using this product, and will have to adjust thow I use it for an album cover or spine.

Any way, let's get to having a look at the album, shall we. As you can see I left the cover plain with no embellishment, just the ribbon closure.

When the album is opened, this is what you see.


You will notice the 'Botanical Builder' dies were used in the album. Everything was cut from Crumb Cake. I love how it looks! Who'd have thought that it would look great in Crumb Cake of all things! But then it is a fabulous die set.


When you lift the top flap you see this. Oh, I should mention that I used another couple non-Stampin' Up! products through out the album, some older Project Life (pre-Stampin' Up!) cards because they coordinated with the colours of the album. Some of these I cut down or punched. The others are some chipboard laser cuts that I had purchased a few years ago form the store where I used to teach classes at.

The square on the upper right corner I created with several different Stampin' Up! Project Life stamp sets.


Close up - see the subtle Versamark text stamping...


Close up of the stamped square (sorry it's not real clear).


Another gate fold section to the album.


When you open that up, there is a place on the left for a larger phtoto (left), a place for a 4 x 4 photo to slide into a frame, and a booklet that opens up when you untie the twine.


Close up


Close up


When you open this booklet you can either journal inside or place additional photos.


Back to the center, when you open up the larger booklet, there are pages with sections for journaling, and places to make up a mini layout of photos, or use one very large page sized photo.


Turn the page...


Turn the page again...


Then when you flip the page that the book is attached to, you find this. There's a place for a 5 x 7 photo. Oh, I guess I should have mentioned that all these Botanical Builder parts are attached so that the photo can slide in behind them, have a part of the floral arrangement over the corners of the photos.


Then when you flip that last flap in the album, there is room for another 5 x 7 or and arrangement of smaller photos within the designated areas.


Close up for detail.


Last close up.


I wish the photos showed more what the album really looks like, because it looks much better in real life. I hope that you enjoyed seeing this any way, and are inspired for the next album or scrapbook page you create.


All these albums I'm currently making will all be for sale at future classes, crops, and markets. 

If you are interested in buying this album before I get it out in the public, don't hesitate to contact me (sabradcreations@gmail.com).



Should you are interested in knowing more about Kraft-Tex, here is a video I found. It's great stuff with many applications and uses.



Thank you for stopping by today, and happy creating!



 

No comments: