G45 Vintage Hollywood Tall Card



This is an interruption of the Spellbinders Educator series of posts. As you all know, not only do I love Spellbinders, but I also love the gorgeous Graphic 45 papers. Today I want to participate in the Graphic 45 Cards & Tags Contest. While working on a mini album for one of my daughters using the "Vintage Hollywood" collection, I was inspired to stop work on it to create this card. I just never got around to posting it. So now is a great time to do that.

I knew the moment I saw this image on the "Silver Screen" sheet, that I would end up fussy cutting out and create a tall card with it. I also used the "Star Studded" paper for the backdrop of the image. This card is 4"w x 9 /14"h, and fits into a business size 10 envelope.

Here are a couple of close ups...

...one thing I wish I had done was to take a gold coloured alcohol marker to the rhinestones.


Next is the side view showing you how I layered the card.


For the inside...(the card base and writing space is a cream cardstock, but doesn't show that well in this photo)



I wish you could see it in real life, because all the rhinestones really glitter with every movement and angle of the card. I would like to try making this card again and try adding a subtle hint of colour to the image and see what that would look like.

Thank you for stopping by to have a look. Happy creating!







#NationalCraftMonth



No comments: