Christmas Card Box for Maja Design Christmas Card Kit #2 - 3 1/2"W x 6"H Cards


Welcome!

Today I am finally getting the post out for the card box video tutorial for the cards in the Christmas Card Kit #2 - Holiday in the Alps. Obviously I had some problems getting it out, since other videos made after this have been posted. I won't go into details, but I finally have it for you now. Thank you for your patience.

These are the cards this card box is made for.



These cards are a unique size, measuring 3 1/2" W x 6"H. The box is just a little larger than the card and is 1 1/4" thick to accommodate the thickness of the card made by the elaborate embellishments. 

I ask at this time, before you see the tutorial, to forgive the mistakes made in this video. I corrected mistaken sizes with writing into the video the correct sizes. I will have all the measurements below the video on this post for you.


One card per box.

I was going to try and have my box completely embellished for you, but I still have not had the time to get to that yet. When I do, I will add the photos in then, but you are all creative and talented and I am sure you will have some great ideas to decorate your card boxes to match the cards you put in them.

TOOLS & SUPPLIES
  • Score Board & scoring tool
  • Paper Trimmer
  • Large Scissors
  • Double sided adhesive tape / Scoretape
  • 40 inches of 1" to 1 1/2" ribbon
  • Cardstock

CARDSTOCK CUT TO: 1 @ 10 1/2"W x 7 1/4"H (box bottom), & 1 @ 10 3/4"W x 3 3/4"H (lid)

SCORING

Box Bottom: 1 1/4", 5", 6 1/4", 10" leaving 1/2" for the seam/joining tab

Box Lid: Please watch video for these instructions
  1. Line up the piece with the 10 3/4" across the top with the left side of the piece @ 1/2". This is very important.
  2. Before any scoring, move the piece 1/16th of an inch to the left, & score @ 1 1/4"
  3. Slide to the left again another 1/16th of an inch (you should be at the 3/8" line), and score @ 5 "
  4. Slide the left another 1/16th inch and score @ 6 1/4"
  5. Slide the left, for the last time, and score @ 10" leaving you a 1/2".

If you plan to stamp, stencil, paste, or add patterned paper to your box, please do that before assembling your box together.

BOX ASSEMBLY: Please watch video for these instructions

I know that you will love this card box.

Once I get mine finished I post it, but in the mean time you have this tutorial to help you make your own boxes.

Happy Creating!



No comments: