EBTKS Challenge #21: Bride & Groom

This card is similar to the one I did here but I think it goes well with the Everything But the Kitchen Sink Challenge #21.


This is a sort of "untraditional" wedding card.

First, I stamped the tree image (Beyond Basic Borders) using Aqua Mist ink on Linen Vellum that I die cut using Mat Stack 3. After mounting it on Melon Berry cardstock (from a previously aborted project), I trimmed around the exterior, using a circle punch in the bottom corners. I added the Glam Rocks: Pearl with my iRock and mounted the whole thing onto an Aqua Mist card. I added a strip of Aqua Mist Swiss Dot ribbon with Melon Berry Bitty Dot ribbon over top. The bow is 1/8" silk ribbon.


You may be able to tell better from this pic that the Melon Berry cardstock from the previously aborted project has the Beyond Basic Border's border stamp that matches the tree image (done in VersaMark Dazzle: Frost) and was impressed with the Linen & Canvas impression plate (Linen side).

In LDS terms, the image reminds me of the tree of life! ;)

The sentiment is from Piece of Cake and was done in Melon Berry, Ocean Tides and VersaMark ink.

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Linen Vellum
  • Patterned Paper: Bitty Dot Basics
  • Stamps: Beyond Basic Borders, Piece of Cake
  • Ink: Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Ocean Tides, VersaMark (and VersaMark Dazzle: Frost)
  • Ribbon: Aqua Mist Swiss Dot, Melon Berry Bitty Dot, 1/8" silk
  • Other tools: iRock/Glam Rocks: Pearl (Imaginisce), Linen & Canvas impression plate, A2 Envelope Liner die, 3/4" circle punch

3 comments:

Els said...

Love the colors on your card!! Not traditional wedding colors, but charming. Love the pearls on your tree!

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the colors! Thanks so much for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Oooo...what a pretty color combo! And I love the way you coordinated the inside of the envelope with the ribbon!