Ooh-La-La!

I feel like I've been working on this project forever! Not that it necessarily took a long time to create, but I kept getting distracted and then coming back to it.


I made this as a birthday gift to a coworker. She dreams of going to Paris and that made her gift an easy one!

I started by die-cutting 3 layers of True Black cardstock and 1 smaller layer of Scarlet Jewel with Grand Labels 23. The Scarlet Jewel layer was inked with Black Soot ink and spattered with Black Velvet Color Shine and Shimmer Goosebumps Texture Spray. I LOVE the Heidi Swapp Color Shine products!

I embossed the Eiffel Tower photochip with Li'l Inkers Stitched Mats (fit perfectly!) and then inked it with Palette Noir ink. I layered it over a True Black Postage Stamp die cut.

I die-cut and embossed a Spellbinders banner with vellum cardstock. I heat embossed the Waltzingmouse Stamps sentiment with Versamark+black ink and clear powder on the wrong side of the die-cut. I actually did this on purpose because I liked the look better on this side of the vellum.

After considering placement of all my elements, including the gorgeous Prima flower, I stamped the ticket from PTI's Destination set with Fresh Snow ink. Everything was assembled, the banner popped up with clear dimensional adhesive (these are quite visible but I don't mind the effect).

I wanted this whole thing to sit up like a picture frame, hence the 3 layers of True Black. I cut out and scored part of the back layer to achieve this, using ribbon to keep it from going too far. I didn't like how it looked and so added one last die-cut, using Labels 23.



Thanks for peeking!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: True Black, Scarlet Jewel, Vellum
  • Stamps: Destination, Compact Sentiments (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
  • Ink: Versamark and Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Black Soot Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger), Palette Noir
  • Dies: Stitched Mats--Squares (Li'l Inkers), Labels and Grand Labels 23 (Spellbinders), Ribbon Banners (Spellbinders)
  • Accessories: Paris Photochips (Darkroom Door), True Black twill ribbon, pearl ribbon flower (Prima)
  • Other Tools: Black Velvet Color Shine (Heidi Swapp), Shimmer Goosebumps Texture Spray (Tsukineko)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

GORGEOUS Dana!! I'm sure your co-worker will love this! Beautifully done! :)