Dad Shaker Card

I think this is the first time that I've created a baby card for a man: a coworker had twins! I wanted to keep it simple and without large amounts of pastel colors. I decided to go with a shaker card using my Papertrey Ink Make It Market Kit.


Shaker cards can be created using almost any dies but these ones (specifically for shaker cards) sure made it easy. And the one ingredient you can't do without? Foam adhesive sheets!! Making one without is a huge pain (ask me how I know)!

I filled mine with pale pink and clear sequins as well as chunky clear glitter.

The interior (not pictured) reads: Good Things Come In Multiples (a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Bitty Baby Blessings).


It's difficult, although possible, to avoid getting shaker bits caught on any adhesive within...


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Rustic White, Kraft, Clear
  • Patterned Paper: Aqua Mist and Lavender Moon gingham
  • Stamps: Distressed Background Blocks (My Favorite Things)
  • Ink: Classic Kraft
  • Dies: Shakers and Sprinkles Make It Market Kit, String of Hearts (Simon Says Stamp), Dad (Lil' Inkers)
  • Accessories: assorted sequins/glitter
  • Other Tools: foam adhesive sheet, Xyron Create-a-Sticker

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

So fun Dana! I'sure the new Dad will love it too.