Not Class Related Cards - Quick and Easy with Designer Paper Scraps



Hello everyone!

It's not often that I get to share with you some cards made on my own to send off. Usually I use cards that I have made from classes to send off. However, with my recent move, I have not been able to find all of them yet. Since I needed to send off about 10 cards (8 TY & 2 Bday) I thankfully found my 'Thank You' cards. However I needed two birthday cards and I could not find the box of birthday cards! So I found some paper scraps (old and new) and created them.

First off, is a card made with some old paper from an 8 x 8 pad from Teresa Collins, years ago. It had such beautiful Fall colours which would be great for an October birthday. And I found a Stampin' Up birthday stamp set too...


Here is a peek at the side view to see the layering of the card.


Next, I created a card for a belated birthday card. Due to the move and classes taught, I was unable to get this card off for the birth date. But knowing that at the age of 93, she would not mind, I felt it would be fine. I also included a long letter inside, which she loves as her hearing makes phone calls  harder to hear what is being said.

Not long ago I taught some classes that used the lovely Graphic 45 'Portrait of a Lady' collection. I had some scrapes left and was able to quickly put together this card as well.


And, the side view to see the layering.


Late last night I received a phone call from my ex-mother in-law, and she was so thrilled with the card and letter.

Well, thank you for stopping by to have a look at my quick creations. Hopefully I will soon find the boxes with all the other cards. Also hope that these simple cards will give you some inspiration for creating your own paper collection cards.

Happy creating!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Sabrina for some easy to do ideas, using up these beautiful scraps is a perfect answer, why are they so hard to throw in the trash? Hee-hee, don't want to be a scrap hoarder but fear I might be!!