Cute Christmas Cards for Grandchildren




Glad that you are checking in a again today.

Today is Grandchildren Day! Well, not really, but I have eight grandchildren, and 1/3 of them are a little old for this kind of card, but I think still young enough to think they are cute and appreciate them.

Stacey had in the store some real cute 8 x 8 Christmas paper that caught my eye. I have a great fondness for animals illustrated in a real cute way like these ones. The paper is called "Wonderland" and designed by Helz Cuppledicht. It has texture and glitter on some sheets as well. Any way, as soon as I saw it I knew I had get it and make cute Christmas cards from this paper.

Here, in the first photo, you see all eight cards together.


You will note that I made two of each card, with the first four being identical but using a different die cut word. Then three of the next and the fourth, or eighth if you will, being slightly different.

Viewing the first card, you see the die cut word 'merry'. I used the Altenew "Bold Alphabet" die set for the letters. On each card I die cut enough letters to make the word three layers of card stock thick. Yes, it was a lot of work for so many cards, but I am so glad I did, because it looks great!


On the top layer, I used my Clear Wink of Stella to coat the letters to give them a bit of a glimmer to them. I found an old Christmas sentiment stamp set that I happened to have two of, and cut out the word "Christmas" to stamp in red ink on the sentiment strip

This next card shows the word 'snowy' instead of 'merry'. The snowflake you see on all four cards are bronze metal ones that I heat embossed with white powder twice. I love. how they look!


Here in the next photo, you can see how the first four cards are layered.


The next three cards I made, I used the red strips that were left after cutting parts for the first four cards. I then added the white ovals cut from the centre of the oval frames from the first four cards. I did cut a bunch of circle and oval images from one of the other papers, and fussy cut a whole sheet covered in Christmas trees. Stamping a sentiment in red onto a banner, and all the parts were ready to create these three cards, and the next card I made.


You can see the caring for these cards in the photo below.


This card is much like the last three with some differences. The plaid oval is from the cut out of the first four cards, and the trees and Penguin on the sled, are from the prep of the previous three cards. Just love those little Penguins!


And in this side view, you can again see how this card was layered and assembled.


Aren't these cards adorable! Now you may be wondering about the rest of the papers I have left. Well I hope to create some more cards from this collection, mainly for those that are young at heart. However, there are some papers that could work well for more mature Christmas cards.

A few days after completing these cards, I was again drawn to the paper, and have created a couple more cards, which I will share with you tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by, and hope to see you tomorrow, too.

Happy creating!






No comments: