2 Cards for 2 Funerals - 49th & Market


Welcome,

Some people, even when they age, for some reason you expect to be around for a long time, even if there were in their 90's. While growing up, these two people were very much a part of my childhood. Coming back to the area almost 8 years ago, these people were still here and a part of my friends' life.

Ruby passed away last week, and Barry just a couple of days ago. They were 96 and 97 respectively. These two people are from two different families, but we all knew each other. This means of course that I needed to make a couple of sympathy cards.

Whenever I come across paper that I really like I but a few sheets of them. That is often the case with 49th & Market. I kept them pretty simple, and just did some fussy cutting. So, here are the two cards I made.


It is always nice to use floral paper with the background piece including flowers and then attach layers of fussy cut flowers overtop of them to create dimension and a little depth.

I will start with the card on the right, meant for Ruby's family. It is more feminine.


The Altenew sentiment is heat embossed in gold, and has a few layers of fussy cutting.


Next is the card for Barry's family. Up until his stroke a little over a year ago, this man was so very active! I couldn't imagine living to be 97! Here is a closer look at his card.


You can see that even thought there are flowers, the colours and type of flowers and foliage make it more easily a masculine card. This one has only one additional layer of fussy cutting over the background piece, and I used the same sentiment embossed in gold.


Since I have been using so many envelopes for Christmas cards, and only a few left, I did have a stack of black envelopes. So I decided that with a gold gel pen, black envelopes would be OK for sympathy cards.

That is it for these simple cards. But if you have beautiful floral paper, I challenge you to use it like I did for these two cards. You may come across a new way to make some cards.

Happy creating!






No comments: