Authentique 'Stitches' & Spellbinders Border Dies


Hi!

I'm back with another showing for something that has not yet been posted on the Scrapbook Essentials BC Facebook page.

Before I begin I must tell you that the Bracket Spellbinders die set I used for these cards were available when I created these cards back in October/November sometime, but are no longer available. I am so sorry about that, but there are similar bracket dies available at Spellbinders, just not with the stitching.

Another thing I will say, is that I do not know if this will be a class, or a card kit. This info is for those friends in the Victoria, BC area. For the rest of my online friends, these are here for inspiration.

These 6 cards are mailable, so are not think with layered pop ups; just one layer or two at the very most. LOL! These are easy cards to whip together.


This first card, you can see that the narrow die cut top piece has been popped up, as has the ampersand square. The die cut 'hugs' has been die cut twice (I prefer 3 to 4 times) and layered together with glue. This helps the die cut word to stand out more from the card.



OK, this card has two layers popped up, but it still easily fits into an envelope. I love the sentiment and image on this card. It brings back memories of my own childhood as I watched my Mom do many of the things that she taught me to do, and for which I am very grateful to have learned.


This next card is another great example of cutting apart some of those cut-a-parts you get in paper collections. I cut up the sentiment piece into smaller sections for this card. And as you all know I love fussy cut flowers, which adds a little something special to the card. So this card too, has two layers popped up.


To make the die look a bit different, I die cut on the angle, and I love how it looks. (I'm saying love a lot aren't I?) Again I die cut 2 (prefer 3 -4 ) sentiments and glued the layers together. The old fashioned dress form is cut out of one of the cut-a-parts.


For this card the die cuts on the top and the bottom are both popped up, and once more the sentiment is layered so that it stands out better on the card. The fussy cut image is also popped up onto the other half of the cut-a-part I got it from from.


Do you see the frame in the middle of the card? I do not have dies for this kind of thing, but you can create them on most paper trimmers. I cut two of them and layered them together with glue. The cut-a-parts are trimmed down and are popped up. The scissors and thread are single layered pop ups, while the sentiment is double layered where needed and single layered over the ones already popped up.


Thank you for stopping by and having a look. When the card class or kit (not sure which it will be yet) is available at Scrapbook Essentials BC, I will let you know.

In the meantime, Happy Creating!







THIS IS THE BORDER DIE SET I USED FOR THESE CARDS. HOWEVER, I DO NOT THINK THESE ARE STILL AVAILABLE.



THESE ARE SOME SPELLBINDER BORDER DIES THAT WOULD WORK FOR THESE KINDS OF CARDS

 





Altenew Script Words 2 die set 



No comments: