Masculine Birthday Card With Altenew


Welcome!

Today I am sharing with you another masculine birthday card made for a family member. I could have used masculine papers to create a card, but I was more in the mood for stamping. The challenge was that I do not have a whole lot of masculine stamps. Something to correct I guess. I went through the stamps that I have unpacked (some are in storage) and came up with the idea to use the Altenew 'Birds of a Feather' stamp and die set along with the leaves from the 'Hope' stamp and die set. Maybe use some Distress Oxide Salty Ocean as a background and see what I can come up with to make this card more on the masculine side.

I thought I would start by showing you the background piece before I put the card together.


I ended up adding Distress Gathered Twigs on the edges (I don't have it in the Oxide yet), and splattered a few water drops on the 'Salty Ocean'.

This is how the card turned out.


Now, if you are wondering why the NUVO Glitter drops look a little on the strange side, that is because I did not let them dry before taking the photos. I have a busy day ahead and had to take the photos this morning or wait till Wednesday. So I opted to photograph while they were still wet.

So, do you think this looks masculine enough? I think so. I also love the Butter yellow embossing powder I was able to use for the first time. I have some coloured embossing powders from about 5 years ago that I have never used because I was always busy using product for classes.


In the above photo you can see that the only things that I popped up are the bird and the sentiment. Everything else is glued on leaving the edges free so that they lift up a bit.


To lighten the birds tummy, I took a clean cloth and dabbed the belly lightly to get rid of some of the ink on the stamp before stamping. If you look at the feet of the bird (above) you can see that my stamping did not line up with die. It was the first time I used this stamp set, and hope the next time I can get it to work better for me.

For my class samples I never do anything on the inside of the cards, but as this is a personal card I have added a little something on the inside. A benefit of doing so is twofold. It looks more finished on the inside and it gives the back of the card more stability balancing the front And back as it stands up. Especially for a top fold card.


Hope you have enjoyed seeing this card. Below, I will link to some of the product used in the making of this card.

Thank you for stopping by, and happy creating!








No comments: