Faith Hope Love


I started this card by cutting the ribbon to go across the short side of the card. It ended up being too short so I changed card orientation. After an adhesive malfunction, I ended up having to chop off more of the ribbon and it started fraying. So, I went with it. I continued fraying the ribbon on the one side and frayed it on purpose on the other.

I decided to make the entire card go with the frayed ribbon by distressing it using Frayed Burlap (Tim Holtz Distress ink). I distressed a Christmas hymn with Antique Linen and the burnt the edges (I meant to just scorch them but it doesn't work well using a match on your mother's balcony--a candle would've been a better idea). In retrospect, this makes the paper incredibly fragile and so I think I would've just distressed it with another color around the edges instead.

I had my mom make the bow in the center in a ribbon whose colors matched the primary ribbon.

I stamped Faith Hope Love in Cosmic Copper (Tsukineko Brilliance Dewdrop). My intention was to stamp Faith, Hope and Love going down the side of the ribbon (see below) but I didn't realize the Love was bigger than Faith and Hope until it was too late. So I ended up stamping Faith, Hope and Give along the side and then the Love towards the center in the chalky Cloud White of Tsukineko's VersaMagic Dewdrop.

No comments: