Card Revisited

Remember this card? Well, I decided to try a couple of different things with it.

The card on the right represents my first card with sewing on it! I finally broke out the sewing machine and initiated it into the world of papercrafting. I didn't really like the effect as much as I thought I would because thread is thinner than you think. I guess I was hoping for something like the stitching on the ribbon or the effect my mom gets when she uses "faux stitching" (paper piercer and white gel pen). Regardless, it was still fun.

The card on the right is my fav! I used PTI's Sunshine impression plate to make a puddle-like effect on the background! This card was donated to a charity auction, along with several of my mother's numerous cards and Stef's collection.

The only other real differences from my previous/first card is the dark blue mat (my goal, lately, has been to add more layers to my cards) and the size. I can't believe we hadn't discovered A2 cards before!! All you have to do is slice an 8.5 x 11" paper in half!

{Supplies}
All Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified.
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening
  • Stamps: Scattered Showers Additions, Fillable Frames #3 and Autumn Abundance
  • Ink: Enchanted Evening, Lemon Tart, Versamark
  • Ribbon: Enchanted Evening saddle stitch
  • Dies and Plates: Fillable Frames #3 and Sunshine impression plate
  • Other tools: sewing machine

No comments: