Color Cue {4} Challenge: Dana

I am really loving the colors in the current Color Cue challenge!
My boss broke his leg playing hockey last night, so I threw together a quick card this afternoon with these colors in mind!
I used PTI's Scattered Showers Additions and Versamark ink on PTI's Spring Rain cardstock to create the raindrop patterned paper. The border is just gel pen and to do it over, I would have done paper-piercing and white gel pen "fake stitching." The focal point is popped up over PTI's Enchanted Evening grosgrain ribbon. I should have use the saddle stitch ribbon (which would've tied nicely in with the "fake stitching" that I wish I had done!). The sentiment is from PTI's Autumn Abundance and is set in Fillable Frames #3 using Enchanted Evening ink. The sun is also from Scattered Showers Additions and is stamped in Lemon Tart ink. I think it looks so cheery!
The inside of the card is one of my fav sentiments from On My Couch (Additions). It's all stamped in Enchanted Evening ink. My husband thinks the inside would not be to a man's taste (I'm paraphrasing here!) but I'm hoping he'll find it funny.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Well Done! I love your simple card front!

~kelly marie~ said...

Great card! I love it!

Elise said...

Okay. You ROCK. I just can't tell you how much I admire someone who can craft with this type of elegant simplicity - these cards are WONDERFUL! I love, love, LOVE your use and placement of Dawn's Color Cue colors! Thanks SO much for playing and your beautiful inspiration!

Karen B. said...

I think your card is fabulous and I too have a hard time getting my vision onto paper. But there is always next time! Great inside and love the raindrop background.

Dawn said...

I'm constantly doing the "I should have...", so I completely understand. But I think this turned out fantastic! Love the background stamping and how you finished the inside.

Thanks for playing along!

Heather P. said...

This is totally fabulous!!