Basket of Birthday Wishes


This was the last card I could get done in time for the Inky challenge (make sure to scroll down and see all my cards!). I had decided to do a bunch of little cards so there was less work involved and, while sound in theory, I still just didn't have enough time. :( Alas, this card only used two stamp sets.

I wasn't sure I was pleased with this card, however, my mother genuinely liked it and so I'm content. :)

I tried 3 different ways to do the overhanging "fabric". I just realized that a basket of flowers would hardly have this feature! Oh well. The idea I ended up using was my first idea: black ink on Plum Pudding cardstock. I didn't even heat emboss it. Over the next couple of attempts, I discovered the heat embossing drew too much attention away from the flowers. which really should be the focal point. Idea #2: white embossing powder over the Plum Pudding. Idea #3: clear embossing powder over the Plum Pudding, which I then used white ink over, wiping the embossed lines clean afterwards (emboss-resist technique).

I ripped the patterned paper on the bottom so it sort of looks like grass. Not entirely sure it was successful.

{Supplies--all Papertrey unless otherwise specified}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Plum Pudding
  • Patterned Paper: Dotti Biscotti
  • Stamp sets: Vintage Picnic, Vintage Picnic Sentiments
  • Inks: Memento Dewdrop Tuxedo Black, Plum Pudding ("birthday" plus interior of card (not shown))
  • Copics: randomly chosen yellows, greens and browns

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this card, Dana. And the first thing I thought of was grass with the dotty biscotti paper!