InLinkz Challenge: Birthday Boy


This card serves two purposes:
  1. InLinkz first card challenge! The agenda? Four colors and a theme: birthday boy. The colors I used are Papertrey's Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening and Orange Zest. I don't have my Simply Chartreuse supplies yet so I chose Memento Dewdrop Bamboo Leaves to achieve a similar green. The ribbon is Papertrey's New Leaf twill which doesn't quite match but oh well!
  2. Jamie's Get Your Stamps Inky blog hop challenge! How many of us are so excited to get our Papertrey stamps only to let them sit on the shelf? I have tons and tons of stamp sets to initiate into the inky realm (thank goodness my May release stamps haven't arrived yet!) and this card gave me the opportunity to work with 7 sets!
The designer of this particular argyle background is one of my fav designers, Maile Belles (the stamp set was designed by Lisa Johnson). I was very excited about this argyle stamp set but very intimidated by the number of possibilities with it. I had no idea where to begin! Maile's argyle card was so breathtaking and the colors so similar, I knew it would be just the ticket to get me out of my argyle-stamp-phobia. I think I'm more confident in my ability to use this set now. ;)

It's difficult to tell, but there are crystal stickers over the headlights. I used a hole punch to get them the right size. I have to say that I'm not too fond of the orange car... Not sure why.

The tiny frog in the car was done using some masking (see below). I was very pleased with myself for thinking of this! ;)


The interior of the card:
I just realized I could have used Simple Alphabet for the "rd" and scratched another set off of my list! I hand wrote it instead. Whoops!

{Supplies--all PTI unless otherwise stated}
  • Cardstock: Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, Stamper's Select
  • Stamp Sets: A Little Argyle, Enjoy the Ride, Tiny Treats: Valentines, Background Basics: Hearts, Piece of Cake, Outlines Alphabet, Vintage Labels
  • Ink: Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, Orange Zest, Memento Dewdrop Bamboo Leaves, Memento Dewdrop Tuxedo Black
  • Ribbon: New Leaf twill
  • Copics: YG17, YG67 (frog), YR23 (blinkers), R27 (frog heart), B00, 0 (window), an undocumented blue (around the license plate)
  • Dies: Enjoy the Ride, Mat Stack 1
  • Other tools: Making Memories slot punch + hammer, "crystal stickers" from the dollar store and a hole punch, Martha Stewart glitter: Peridot and 2-way glue pen, double-sided tape and dimensional foam

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this card. You did a fantastic job with the argyle. I must practice more; I love the way this looks.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card, love that PTI stamp, you did a fab job!

Anonymous said...

This card is fabulous! I've only used the argyle once so I need to practice with it. Way to go using all those stamp sets.

Anonymous said...

The creator of Argyle set should be Lisa Johnson. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2010/04/introducing-a-little-argyle-chairished.html

Tigriswillreign said...

Yes, Lisa Johnson is the creator of the stamp set. I was referring to the designer of this particular background. I have clarified this in my post!