Vintage Gold Butterfly

This project turned out to be one of my favorites. I have always loved the pale blue greens with antique gold. And, I fell in love with the new Tim Holtz  Vintage Photo ink that I borrowed from my daughter. Even the frame is covered with it. The frame is cut and embossed using Spellbinders rectangles and squares. Next I stamped PTI's flourishes with Versa Mark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Then using  the Vintage Photo ink I blended it into the paper and rubbed it off from the gold. The Butterfly - which is showing black in the photo- is actually gold embossed (which you will see in the close up following) on the darker blue green paper and cut out using scissors. 

The pale blue green cardstock also has been stamped with the flourishes and heat embossed gold along the sides. Each layer has been aged along all the edges, again, using Vintage Photo.
You may see that I made more than one card. This is because recently I decided that when I make a card, that I would prepare for four cards, and if I don't have the time to put them all together, at least I have them ready to quickly put together when needed.

No comments: