Can't Forget My Grandson! - Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #114


I can't forget my only grandson's birthday! A previous posting shows the cards I made for my Granddaughters, and my grandson's birthday is in the same time frame as theirs at the end of August. He just loves green. It's his favorite color right now. It reminds me of my youngest son who also loved green while he grew up. I don't know if it still is his favorite color. I should ask him.
When I came across Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #114 in my weekly challenge search I knew that this sketch would be perfect for Taylor's card.
I have to admit that I had planned to have the notched paper go in the same direction as the sketch, but when I cut the notch I wasn't paying attention and cut it on the wrong end. I didn't want the little cars to be upside down and since I was making four of these cards ( 3 without the number on the car), I didn't want to cut all the strips of paper again so used what I had cut.
Taylor loves to play with his cars, trains, and airplanes/helicopters so when I came across this paper by Doodlebug, I just had to get it for his card.
I use Spellbinders Pinking Circles and Standard Circles. The PTI VW Bug stamp I stamped with Versa Magic Magic Red over the black stamped outline, and heat embossed it with clear powder. This gave the car a shiny new car look. I cut out the window so that you could see the clouds on the background paper. I then stamped the 5 (as he is turning five), heat embossed it and with the second smallest Spellbinders Standard Circles. The pinking circle is foam tape backed, popping it out from the card.
Thanks TESC for your sketch!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love this card Sabrina its so perfect :)

Sue said...

great work with the layout Sabrina- love the paper your used- just perfect! :)