New Beginnings - Wedding Cards

I wanted to make more wedding cards than I actually was able to make, but time did not allow for more. Luckily I have kept my idea sketches so that I can still make them in the future.

To the right is a card that I made four of. That orange looking paper you see is actually a peachy color. The white cardstock I embossed using the Cuttlebug  Textile folder; one of my favorites. You'll see if you click on the image to enlarge it that I embossed the paper on the upper part only, leaving 1 1/4 inches flat on the bottom for stamping the sentiment onto.

The sentiment and the "Mr. & Mrs." are stamped using VersaMark and heat embossed using a silver powder. The ribbon is tied through a medallion created using Martha Stewart's Layered Arches Corner punch. (See Becca Feeken's tutorial on using corner punches in other ways. I've linked to her first tutorial, but there are three in total that you can link to) I added gray pearls to the medallion. The tag I attached using a hat pin, but did not want the end of the pin to stab someone so I cut off the tip and then used Pewter Liquid Pearls on the tip.


This card to the left, I again used scraps and found some embellishments that I have had in my bins for a while. easy to put this one together. However, on the wide ribbon I wanted to use the little popped-up medallions, but it didn't quite look right. So I used some of the wire that I take out of wired ribbon, and loosely tied the wide ribbon where I wanted to place them. I found that it looked much better.


Well, that's it for this posting. There are more Card Frenzy (Calgary Market Fair) Postings to come. I'm just kind of busy getting ready for the session of classes at Scarpbookers Paradise, and REORGANIZING our craft-room. It is much easier to take everything out of the room, than it is to put back in a better organized fashion!

No comments: