Thanks Just Doesn't Seem Like Enough

I was flipping through my mom's pad of "sacred" SEI Moonrise papers when I came across the one below... I didn't have to beg too hard to get one from her. ;)


This set of cards was made for my 3 year old daughter's ophthalmolgist and surgical assistant (my sweet girl had a common procedure done for her strabismus). I have plans to make a festive banner for the Day Surgery unit to thank all the nursing and support staff. Oh, and note to self, don't forget the anesthesiologist!

I made the card on the right first, showcasing the paper in all its glory! I matted it with Vintage Cream and Ripe Avocado cardstock. The sentiment circle is made with the same but I punched a hole in the center with my Big Bite and fed a knot of 1/4" silk ribbon through it to add a bit of interest. The whole thing is popped up off of the card. The sentiment, from Round and About Sentiments, is stamped in Dark Chocolate ink.

Both 5 3/4" square card bases are made with a stripe-textured cardstock of (to me) unknown origin.

The 2nd card (the one on the left) was made up with scraps from the patterned paper. I used Spellbinders Squares to achieve my layers (thank goodness for Xyron!) and then popped them up on the card.

I'm really dissatisfied with the sentiment "strip." It's a simple ribbon tag (Spellbinders) with Vintage Cream grosgrain ribbon threaded through and wrapped around. Flat and boring compared to the top of the card. I did add several scorelines along the top and bottom but they didn't turn out perfectly due to the sentiment strip already being affixed. In retrospect, I wish I had something dimensional with the ribbon and popped up the sentiment. Oh well!

Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies--all PTI unless noted}
  • Cardstock: textured brown (unknown), Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado
  • Patterned Paper: SEI Moonrise
  • Stamps: Autumn Abundances, Round & About Sentiments
  • Ink: Dark Chocolate
  • Dies: Spellbinders Squares, Spellbinders Circles, Spellbinders Ribbon Tags
  • Ribbon: Vintage Cream grosgrain, 1/4" silk
  • Other tools: Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers), Scor-Pal

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Dana, these turned out so great! Wish the photos would do them more justice though.

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Dana, that is really cool paper. Your daughter's doctor and staff will love the cards. What a nice "thank you".