Playing in Paradise Challenge #7: Color Inspiration


It's my turn for the Playing in Paradise challenge this week at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog! I took an adorable picture of my daughter, Averi, before her 2nd strabismus surgery (hence, the inturned eye). Be inspired by navy blue, an assortment of pinks with a touch of green!


There is another prize this week! An assortment of KI Memories Puffies from Winter CHA!! So make sure to play along! :)

I had so many ideas for this and am not entirely sure I'm pleased with what I ended up with...


This is a Glimmer Mist card! I used Sapphire, Pink Taffy and Meadow Green to coordinate with the challenge colors. When using Glimmer Mist, I use rolled up painter's tape to hold down my cardstock until dry.

The flower is from Spellbinders Blossom... They have so many varieties of these! I cut the petals so I could curl them a bit.

Be sure to check out the other Design Team projects!

Allison
Ally
Carla
Julie
Karan

Thanks for stopping by! Would love to see what you create!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select (Papertrey Ink), assorted Bazzill Basics
  • Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink), Pink Petunia (VersaMagic)
  • Dies: Blossom and Deckled Rectangles (Spellbinders)
  • Glimmer Mist: Sapphire, Pink Taffy, Meadow Green (Tattered Angels)
  • Other Tools: rhinestone brad (Recollections), rhinestone leaves (dollar store)

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Fabulous card Dana..and love the sweet inspiration photo of Averi.

Dana said...

EEEEK, your DD is adorable and she has one smart Momma because her SHIRT rocks!
Youor card is the perfect balance of those colors. I want to play and hope to find the time soon!

Sabrina said...

Beautiful color choice Dana! And, a very cute pic of A. Hope you're having fun Playing in Paradise. Love the mist colors and effect with the bling. It makes me think of Spring and Summer.

Karen B. said...

Your daughter is a cutie! Love that big bloom on your card as well.

Allison Rankin said...

As sweet as can be...great take on the challenge! I have an "Avery". Her eye is a little weak too but it is due to her CP. Here's hoping it strengthens so we can avoid the same surgery!

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous Dana! Love the layered flower!