I took some pictures throughout the creation of the box, but forgot at times to do so. That means some steps are left out in the series of photos.
1. To start, cut four squares: 12 X 12, 11.5 X 11.5 and 11 X 11 & the lid 6" x 6"
2. Score the 12 X 12 at 4 & 8- rotate and score again at 4 & 8; the 11.5 X 11.5 at 4 & 7.5-rotate and score again at 4 & 7.5; and the 11 X 11 at 4 & 7- rotate and score again at 4 & 7. DO NOT FOLD SCORE LINES - Makes it a little easier while putting the box together.
3. Score the lid - at 1.25 and 5.25- rotate and score again at 1.25 & 5.25
4. With your scissors cut down the score lines on the three box pieces only to where they meet getting rid of the four corners leaving a cross shape. On the lid cut only on two opposite sides, not all four, down to where the score lines meet. (This is one of the photos I forgot to take for you)
5. Now you prepare all of the embellishments (A few photos forgotten here too)
6. Apply all background materials.
|Outside piece - 12 X 12|
Stamped and heat embossed the side facing out.
On the flip side - interior - I attached gold foil. the outter 4 squares the exact size of the square minus a little on the side butted up to the base square. (photo forgotten) And the inside base square minus a little all the way around as to not hinder the scored fold. You may ask why you need to put a piece of decorative paper on the inside base when the other layers are just going over it. well, there will be a little corner showing at each corner, and I like having it look like the rest, plus it adds a little strength to the base.
|11.5 X 11.5 Underside|
This is the underside that faces the upside of the larger outer piece. Therefore the center square doesn't need any decorative attention.
|11.5 X 11.5 Upside|
The flipside of this same piece will be facing uppward and does require the center square to be covered to match the flaps.
I used some very old gold doilies that I had left over from time in the early 1990's! You can see that I had two different sizes and found a way to make it work, and the background nicely for what I| have instore.
|11 X 11 Underside|
The last smallest piece is the inner part of the box. Again the center square needs no decorating as it will be facing down attached to the others. The entire side will face down facing the blue and gold so that when you lift up the flap all you see is blue and gold.
|11 X 11 Upside or Innerside|
The upper or inner side I'm leaving as is to embellish later.
|outside dimesions-3.5" X 3.5"|
Gold embossing Powder
Provo Craft: Leaf Die
Martha Stewart: Evergreen Punch