Family Christmas Folio - Scrapbook Parade Class

I'm so excited about this project! This 12 x 12 folio will hold your Christmas cards, gift tags, photos, journaling, year in review, and a 10" x 8" family portrait,invitations, concert programs, plus anything else you can think of to keep from your Christmas celebrations. You can have it standing as part of your Christmas decor and add to it daily throughout out the season.

For the project we are using Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage collection with matching Washi Tape.



The idea for this project originated with Katy Orta (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxJ94cPdj-M) I'm not sure how she made it but I made calculations on how to construct it while making a few changes in the design. I made it much thicker to hold more pockets and tags; I made all three of the lower pockets 1/8" deep to hold bulkier or bunches of things, like smaller cards or gift tags; I added 12 additional pockets with tabs, 6 on each side in the side bindings.

What I love about this project is that you can stand it up and have it on display throughout the Christmas season as you add the programs to special Christmas concerts you attend, or invitations to festive parties, or add your Christmas portraits and photos to, add your Christmas cards to, the gift tags, notes and journaling through of year. There are probably even more ideas for this Family Christmas Folio.

Here is what it looks like standing up.


I forgot to add the three hanging ornaments at the bottom of the large framed mat in the center! I'll have to add another photo when I get it back.


The lower right corner displays the year, which I cut from cardstock using my Cricut. The shepherds and lamb are a laser cut chipboard that we carry at Scrapbook Parade. We have the choice of snowflakes, trees, Santa's sleigh, and angels should anyone not wish to have the shepherds.

Here is a closeup of the bow and embellishments.


I love the concept of this project and think it would be great to make this again as a wedding folio. My oldest son is getting married in October, so this may make a great gift. I'll have to make time to make one for the two of them. This project would also make a great folio for a birth, graduation, special vacation, 50th wedding anniversary, or for your child's school years K through 12!

I have a YouTube video for you to view where I describe more details for you. It's my first video. In the past I've taken tons of photos and created slide shows. So I hope the video is a good one for this project. If you have some helpful tips, please let me know in the comments.



Thank you so much for stopping by for a look at this fun project. Happy crafting everyone!





Paper: Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage
Ribbon: May Arts 2" Burgandy Satin Stripe

2 comments:

Tigriswillreign said...

As I said on the Scrapbook Parade blog, I adore this project, Mom!

Sabrina said...

Thank you Dana. Maybe one day I can make you one. Wouldn't this be great to have for each child and put in their school pics and stuff from K through 12? Just thought of that! Would you like that? Or a Christmas one?