Runway Inspired Challenge: Knit Wit

I fell all over myself when I saw the current Runway Inspired Challenge. I'm a sucker for vivid Fall colors!

I pulled the woven pattern out of the model's sweater as my inspiration (aside from the color palette).



I stamped Pure Poppy over Terracotta Tile cardstock and inked the edges with Pure Poppy and Aged Mahogany. I frayed the edges, punched out a circle, and added a Pure Poppy cardstock frame.

The Soft Stone card base was stamped and inked with Smokey Shadow ink. I stamped the yarn ball once on scrap paper before stamping over the sentiment and added buttons to embellish.

The interior of the card:

This is a birthday card for my mother-in-law's sister--an avid knitter, of course! The sentiment is from a Triple Scoop stamp set from My Favorite Things (free with $60 purchase)!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: Soft Stone, Terracotta Tile, Pure Poppy (all Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: Background Builders: Knit (WPlus9 Studio), Yarn Crafts (TPC Studio), Knit Bits (Papertrey Ink), April's "Triple Scoop" stamp set from My Favorite Things
  • Ink: Terracotta Tile, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow (all Papertrey Ink), Aged Mahogany Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Petite Scalloped Circles (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: 1-3/4" circle punch (Marvy Uchida), ink blending foam/tool (Ranger)

1 comment:

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Wow, I love that you were inspired by the knit sweater! Both cards are awesome. Thanks for joining us on the Runway!