I pulled the woven pattern out of the model's sweater as my inspiration (aside from the color palette).
I stamped Pure Poppy over Terracotta Tile cardstock and inked the edges with Pure Poppy and Aged Mahogany. I frayed the edges, punched out a circle, and added a Pure Poppy cardstock frame.
The Soft Stone card base was stamped and inked with Smokey Shadow ink. I stamped the yarn ball once on scrap paper before stamping over the sentiment and added buttons to embellish.
The interior of the card:
This is a birthday card for my mother-in-law's sister--an avid knitter, of course! The sentiment is from a Triple Scoop stamp set from My Favorite Things (free with $60 purchase)!
- Cardstock: Soft Stone, Terracotta Tile, Pure Poppy (all Papertrey Ink)
- Stamps: Background Builders: Knit (WPlus9 Studio), Yarn Crafts (TPC Studio), Knit Bits (Papertrey Ink), April's "Triple Scoop" stamp set from My Favorite Things
- Ink: Terracotta Tile, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow (all Papertrey Ink), Aged Mahogany Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
- Dies: Petite Scalloped Circles (Spellbinders)
- Other Tools: 1-3/4" circle punch (Marvy Uchida), ink blending foam/tool (Ranger)