Family Birthday Cards III - G45 Fairy Dust


Hello Everyone!

Are you ready for the third and final card of this series?

Again it is 5 x 7, and this time the frame I used is  constructed a little differently. I did not have rectangle dies this size, so what I did instead to create this frame was to cut a piece of paper measuring 4 1/2" x 6 1/2". Then using my paper trimmer I lined up and placed the piece to line up at 1/2" on the right of the blade. I then positioned my blade at 1/2"  and pushed it through the paper and cut down to 6". I rotated the paper using the same procedure but adjusted to the measurement of the piece. When done this gave me a frame I could use.

Next, I used the paper piece from the inside and trimmed off 1/4" all the way around. I did this so that the pattern on this piece of paper would work better visually.


Next, I attached the fussy cutting I had done from scraps of paper and the Cut-a-part cards from the collection. Here is a closer look at that.


The next two photos are side views showing you more details. You can see that the frame is attached directly onto the background paper, and the centre part of the rectangle is popped up. The background fussy cut image is glued down at the base, and other images are popped up over the first.


This time I chose to stamp my sentiment on cream card stock and pop it up.


Between the three recent birthday card posts, you have seen two ways of creating a frame to use on your cards. Hope you have been inspired and are trying to use frames on your creations.

Thank you for stopping by to have a look. Upon my return I will have to get to making another card kit. So that means you will have more cards to look at in about 2weeks. Probably some class photos in there too since I have a class on the 14th.

In the meantime, happy creating!






2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Love this card and instructions thanks

Carole said...

This is just gorgeous what female old or young wouldn't love this card. Thanks for sharing.