Card Class With Graphic 45's "Flutter" Collection


Have you ever thought you posted something and then when you went to look for it you couldn't find it? That is what happened with this card class! I am wondering if it accidentally was deleted...? So I am posting this class, which is in just a couple weeks, whether it is for the first time, or reposted.

Have you seen the Graphic 45 "Flutter" collection? Such beautiful bright colours with many gorgeous floral designs and butterfly. There is however, some papers that focus on ants and bugs. An ugly topic, let alone images, but I guess they are a part of things that flutter.

Here are the cards that we will be making in the class.


G45 Flutter Collection Cards

WHEN: Wednesday, November 7th
TIME: 6:00 - 8:30
COST: $40 + GST

RSVP: 778-533-4290 OR sbebc2011@gmail.com

Such beautiful paper! But one might ask, but what do I do with the 'bug' paper? Well, how about making a card for the young boys that love bugs! You might know someone that could use the card for a boy that has an interest in bugs, or know an entomologist. We'll keep the rest for everyone else.

One of the things we will be doing in this class is cutting a frame within a frame within a frame on your paper trimmer. And of course I know some of you are eager to create the box card with butterflies floating on clear acetate. We are going to learn some fun paper cutting techniques and create a box card. We have not made one in a few years, so it is time to do it again. And this is the perfect paper for that!
There is a lot of fussing cutting homework for this class. But for the end result one must do the work. Your homework kit will include instructions and should be ready for pick up on Saturday, October 30th, after 6:00pm.


PLEASE BRING TO CLASS: Homework, scissors, dbl sided adhesive tape, liquid glue, white & black foam squares & foam tape, a glimmer pen or Wink of Stella, dark marker (for edges of paper), bone folder, and non-stick craft mat.


For those of you that can not register for class because you do not live here, I am sharing a look at the cards with you.


I love how this card turned out. Creating the rectangle within a frame within a frame without using a die set is actually pretty easy. We will be learning how to do that in this class and then add the lovely fussy cut pieces to that.


When I first saw this paper I was thrilled with the flowers and butterflies. But, when I saw the papers with bugs, I did not know what I could do with that. Then I remembered that I have grandsons and even granddaughters that might like a card with them on it. This is what I came up with.


Here are more photos.


And, I created a box card for this class, since it had been a while since I made one.


When closed and inside an envelope, it looks like this.


Sorry about the glare on this photo. The colours do not look great either.

Anyway, these are the three cards we will be making in this class. We are going to have fun!

Thank you for stopping by to have a peek at the cards for this class.

Happy creating!





I am posting a quick and easy card I made for myself with some of the scraps from these cards. So look for it tomorrow.

No comments: