October Colour Series - Purple Velvet - Scrapbook Parade Class

I've had a very busy day today!! I've been working since 10:00 am and it's now 2:30 am! I've made the six A2 cards for October's Colour Series Card Class, as well as three of four Christmas Crackers for a future class, and started on the Advent! No wonder it's the next morning! I'm not a bit tired though. Having so much fun with this all.

I'm not going to write a lot of details for these six cards, but I do have more than one photo for each card so that you can see a few of the details.

Here is a photo of all six cards together.


So these are they, and I have about another 15 photos. Hope you don't mind. But I like to post each card and a one or more detail shots for those who can't finish the class and need a reference from home, or for those who buy just the kit.

So, the first one I'm showing you is the one with ruffles made from paper. I've done that before, here, and there's a link there to Claire Buswell's blog who shared the idea with a tutorial.


I just have to brag a little here. Those pearls you see on this card, the rest of them too, are Liquid Pearls! I think I did a great job on this one.

And a detail photo showing the three popped up layer and the ruffles.


Next we have the purple and bright green card with some ink resist.


Made a mistake on this card that I didn't want to take the time to fix. Since the card is on a cream card base and the snetiment is stamped on like colour, I used the same for the ink resist and once the colours soaked in it doesn't look right. I should have done it on white. the class will get white.

In this following photo can you see the three layers and the bowed sentiment banner?


Now comes the purple and brown with the huge bow!


A couple of detail shots for this card. First from the right side...


...and now from the left side.


Here's a good card for a special anniversary. 50th would be good since there's gold with the purple.


And a side view...


Love the Labels 28 on this card. Next we have a "Wish" card that could be for a birthday, get well, wish you were here, miss you, etc...


And a side shot...


Again, love that Labels 28. And the last card is quite wild. Purple with turquoise and bright green. We'll be doing a little bit of water colouring on the flowers. As for the carnation, you've seen me do that a couple of times now. I got this idea from Claire's blog as well when I entered a challenge, here.


I tapped the Versa Magic Purple Hydrangea Dew Drop ink pad on the carnation ends. I like the look and will try it on others in the future. Here is a view from the bottom...


...a view from the right...


...and  view from the top.


I hope you had fun checking out these colour combinations and card designs. There are so many colours a person can use with purple. What colour would you like to try with purple?

Thank you for stopping by for a visit today, and I hope you've been inspired too. Happy crafting!


2 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful lineup of creations, Dana! I especially love that purple and aqua combination! Purple is not my go to color, but you're sure making me want to dive into it ;)! TFS! And thanks for the super sweet comment you left on my blog this week! It means so much to me. Hugs!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous collection of cards! Really love the color combo! ;)