Easter Card 1 - Sweet Sentiments

I visit some pretty special women every month and realized it was time to make them each an Easter card. This is my first of the four I need for this year. I have some family ones still to make too, so you'll see a few more.


And, once again I'm using Graphic 45's Sweet Sentiments. I hope you aren't getting tired of my using the same paper again, but trust me when I tell you I have so much of it in scraps after making the kits for classes. I can't throw it away! So, I have to use it, even though I'm itching to use my new 12 x 12 Botanical Tea paper!


I've often seen this stitching done in some gorgeous layouts, as you see here on the card, when Martha Stewart's "Cherished" punch was used. I so like that look and have it on my list of things to try. I thought I should try small first, so this card was the perfect opportunity!

First, I inked the edges of all the paper pieces with Tim Holtz Pumice Stone, then I did the stitching on that one edge punched piece. Even though it took time, and I stitch quickly too, I'll do it again.

You notice the small 3 1/4" pink frame I created from the frame on the 12 x 12 feature page "Sweet Sentiments". It just took 2 corners and then over-lapping the other two corners with just the corner pieces. I hand cut around the outside and inside of the frame before piecing it and inking it.

Let's look at the card laying flat from different angles.




I forgot to mention that the flowers used on this card are from Kaisercraft, with the exception of the white flower at the bottom left corner, of which I don't remember where it came from. So, I hope you enjoyed this card.

Happy Papercrafting!



2 comments:

Maria said...

Sabrina, this card is just GORGEOUS! What lucky friends you have ... I'm sure they will love their Easter cards. Beautiful work!

Sabrina said...

Thank you so much Maria! I love seeing your creations all the time!! Hugs