Quick Birthday Card

Hi Everyone!

I've been busy working on my draft post for applying for this years Graphic 45 DT call after my last Paper Architecture with Sabrina project posts last week. Being away for a while has left me with less time than last year.

But, before fine tuning that post, I decided to post a quick birthday card I made for a dear friend. I used pieces left over from previous Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments projects. So I didn't have to do any fussy cutting, it was already done! Just pick out some scraps, and fussy cut leftovers, matched up some scrap cardstock, added a little bling for my friend, and "Viola!" ...a birthday card! I do have to admit however, that due to the time constraints, I didn't hide the white paper core, and it really bothers me. Yes, it is a nice card for my friend, but that white paper core bothers me! Did I already say that?

Well, let's get on with looking at the card shall we...

You can see that I heat embossed the sentiment onto velum. I no longer have the original jar this embossing powder came in, so I can't recall the company and name of the powder, but it does have gold specs in it.

As always, I like to show the card from different angles so that you can have a better idea of how the card is made.






Well, thank you for stopping by to have a look. And for all my supportive friends out there, I hope to have my Graphic 45 DT post up very soon. The deadline is the 14th! Talk about getting in just in time! For my followers, it will be a bit of a review of past posts since last year's application, though I'm hopping to complete something new for you in the post too. See you then!

Happy Papercrafting!



No comments: