Happy Birthday

I received the inspiration for this card from Stefanie (see here). She has this ribbon that matches the Spots & Dots Cuttlebug folder so well!

First, I tried finding a color of cardstock that matched the ribbon. After cutting it down to size, I used the Tim Holtz paper distresser to roughen the edges. Next, Black Soot distress ink with an ink blending tool around the edges. Then I embossed it with the folder mentioned above. I had to put it through twice, planning for the ribbon to cover any overlap/gap issues. The white ribbon was a last minute inspiration to emphasize the other ribbon a little more.

The slider on the front was but out using Cuttlebug's Sliders die. I then whitened the edges with VersaMagic in Cloud White. I stamped it with the same ink using a mini clear stamp from Studio G (the $1.50 bin at Michael's).

The whole project was then affixed to a black card.

The inside:
After die-cutting and embossing a piece of white scrap with Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles, I stamped a simple sentiment from My Favorite Things and adhered it to the inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I reallyl like this color combo :) - Tara