Sabrina's Anouncement

Don't you just hate moving? All that packing, organizing, what to keep, what to get rid of, cleaning, and more cleaning! I do love unpacking though! Making a new space your own finding new places and ways to display your belongings; that's fun! But I wont be able do that for a while.

During the summer I learned that my Dad has cancer. Since my parents live in Sidney, B.C. (Victoria) with no other family close by, and Mom's health not the best, I had thought, even before this newest bombshell news, of moving there to be close to them in their aging. When this new unwelcome original news came I thought more seriously of doing it, but my parents where of the mind that there is more employment available for me to find here in Calgary. Since I've been unemployed as of November 2009 only teaching the odd class at Scrapbookers, they said Calgary was the place for me  to be for now.
Here is a photo of my Mom and Dad this last summer, holding their newest and 7th great-grandchild.

But, at the end of November, Mom called to let me know that Dad's cancer had suddenly become more aggressive. So, I knew that I had to go to Sidney. So taking a big, and I mean BIG, leap of faith with no money saved up for a move of that distance, and no job, I'm am packing up my belongings and storing them in Dana's basement. I'll take three suitcases with most of my clothes and a few other necessities, and fly to Sidney on February 1st.

So, I'm leaving Calgary, my friends. There will be a few months of no designs to post as all my craft materials and tools will be stored. Once I find employment and a place of my own, I'll come back to Calgary and pick up my belongings. Then once I'm settled into my new home and set up my new craft room, I can start creating, designing, and crafting again and share them with you in postings once more.

I will make the odd written post before that day arrives, just to let you know what's going on and how I'm doing. Wish me luck in finding some good employment! Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments on my designs and I look forward to reconnecting with you all again in the near future. In the mean time...HAPPY CRAFTING!!!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Sabrina, my thoughts and prayers will be with you. Hoping that you find a job very quickly.

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Sabrina! I'm so sorry about your father. I cannot, even, begin to imagine. May you ease into your new world with grace and fill the lives of all you meet with inspiration and love. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I look forward to updates along your journey.

Linda said...

My prayers go with you. Good luck and may the move be as easy as possible. May your father treatment be appropriate and your presence be supportive for both of your parents. I have walked in your shoes and I know you will find peace as a result of your choices. God bless.

Laurie said...

Sabrina I will be sending prayers your way! I am so sorry to hear about your dad! What a big move for you! I hope all goes well and I pray safe travels for you!