Guest Designer at City Crafter Challenge Blog

Hello dear blog friends! Today I am posting a special project as guest designer for City Crafter Challenge Blog! I was tickled pink when Kirsty asked if I would like to be a guest designer on her blog for challenge 100.

The challenge theme for the week is "Things In My Heart" where we can create a project based on something or someone dear to our heart. For example, if you miss someone, you could create a project of him or her, or if you are enjoying a new form of art, like mixed media, you can do that as your project, or if you are so in love with bird, birdcages, you can make a project or card focusing on those items you are in love with right now.

What is the "thing in my heart" right now? Well, I raised 5 children and when they left home I was always living in the same city with at least one of them. Last year I moved to be in the same city as my parents as they are getting older, and for the first time live somewhere without one of my children close by. And I miss that; especially being with the grandchildren. So right now the "thing in my heart" would be Dana and her family in Calgary where I lived for five years.

So, to me that means a scrapbook page! I've taken the Christmas photo card they sent me and made this page.

 
The photo itself was the inspiration with the beige colour behind the snowflakes and the red greeting bar at the bottom. I didn't want to make it a Christmas page, nor a Valentine page, so I came up with the idea of adding the blue. It's kinda like a darker version of the retro blue and red combo popular in the 50's - the decade I was born in, lol.

On both the red and blue cardstock behind the photo I stamped a pattern with Versa Magic. The red hearts were cut on my Cricut after stamping that paper as well. I bought my own little Cricut a while ago, but this is the very first time I used it! I used the dies to trace around them the stitches.

Every bit on here except for the Kraft, red & white layers of the background, and the blue, came from my scrap files.

Here are some close ups for you.




So there you have my project about what is in my heart now.

Again I'd like to thank Kirsty for this opportunity, and especially the theme where I could pay tribute to one of my children's family. Check out the other DT inspirational projects here.

Thank you for stopping by, and happy crafting everyone!




TOOLS & SUPPLIES

STAMPS: Hero Arts Rubber Clings-Cling Dots Background & Reversed Flowers & Leaves Background
INK: Versa Magic
SPELLBINDERS: Classic Scallop Circles, Standard Circles Large, Beaded Circles
CRICUT: George & Basic Shapes
CUTTLEBUG: Asterisks Die 
MARTHA STEWART: Leaf Branch punch
Gel Pens: white & red
red pearls, brown pearls, gold jewels
ribbons

2 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome Sabrina, I love that precious photo and love your attention to little details, wonderful work!
Thanks for being our guest at CCCB, so honored to have you this week!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous page. So many wonderful layers I just love it..
So glad to have you with us over at CCCB!

Hugs, Linda