I was very excited by the concept when Jennifer first mentioned it, yet this is the first I've been able to coordinate a project for it. I was inspired by the colors and dots. (I had a difficult time determining the colors... I went with red, white and blue though, in retrospect, I believe it looks more like white, red or pink and gray?)
I was hoping the red in the background would show up better than it did. Starting with white cardstock, I used a Cover-a-Card stamp from Impression Obsession with Versamark ink and then Pure Poppy ink and did some clear embossing. The red looks a little pink-ish. I inked the background with Faded Denim and Chipped Sapphire to turn the panel blue.
The Paper Smooches sentiment was stamped on a double-ended banner die cut and wrapped with twine a-la-Lynn Mangan. Love her (prolific) CAS style!
I have tons of Cover-a-Card stamps that I really need to use more often
I've also entered this in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge!
Thanks for peeking!
- Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
- Stamps: Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches), Gradation (Impression Obsession)
- Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Faded Denim and Chipped Sapphire Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger), Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
- Dies: Double-Ended Banners (Papertrey Ink)
- Other Tools: clear embossing powder (Filigree), Denim twine (The Twinery)