Favourites of 2017 # 7 - Personal Projects




I decided at this point to skip over the proposed sharing of Project Class favourites, and go right to my favourite creations that were not created for a class. Some are personal creations, and others are samples that are in the Scrapbook Essentials BC store and studio.

The first favourite I will re-share with you is the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood Tall Card. It is on display at the store. Here is the posting of the card. You can see some close ups there.


I like it enough that after all this time at the store, I might just ask for it back. L.O.L.

I love how the following card turned out. It is a Spellbinder stamp & die set, and the Spectrum Noir colouring turned out beautifully on this card. More details here.  I might ask to get this one back too, so that I can use it. I have the perfect person to give it to.


This next one is another Spellbinders stamp and die set creation. Details seen here


Using the same stamp and die set, along with the Tuscany die strip, is this card; a favourite as well. View post here.



In March of 2017 I posted a project that took me some time. It is an Album specially created for one of my daughters. I just sent it to her in December for her birthday, and she loved it. You can view all of the photos and a video tour of the project here.





I know that my plan is posting projects not for classes here today, but this did not fit in any of the other categories so I am including it here today. 

I created a big project for a series of classes where we complied and created this album using the Heartfelt Creation's Album and the flip fold page attachments along with the gorgeous Graphic 45 Nature's Sketchbook. View all the photos here.








OK, back to personal projects.

Next comes a birthday card that I made for another of my daughters from a paper collection I have had for a very long time. Included in the post that day was also another Portrait of a Lady card that I was able to quickly put together from scraps and left over fussy cutting. Here they both found are.

Daughter's Birthday card...


And another card needed quickly...



Next come a couple of cards I created after my discovery of Altenew! This is the first stamp stet that I purchased and created two cards with the same set. One for the October Altenew Card Challenge, and one just to see if I could make it into a Christmas card.





More Altenew Christmas cards created using the Majestic Mistletoe stamp set. I made 8 of these with the intention of making 16 more. Eight in a non-traditional grans and peach colouring, and another 8 in grays and Aqua colours. Unfortunately these last 16 did not make it into production except for the gold embossing of the sentiments.

Here are the ones I did get done in traditional colours, and the post you can view here.



I also found some real cute Christmas paper this year that I just had to get and create with. I made several different cards using these cute papers, but maybe because I have been working on Christmas projects and classes since July, it was easier to pick a favourite from this bunch of cards (all on different posts). View this post here.



Then there is another Spellbinder card that I created to help inspire people to participate in a Spellbinders contest held at the store. I love this card, and hope to pick it up the first time I get back to teaching classes at the studio this month. View post and photos here.



So, that is it for my 2017 favourites of the year. I thank you for understanding that when you make hundreds of cards/projects a year, it is difficult to narrow it down to just a handful of favourites to review with you. So thank you for coming back over the past seven days to view them all.

I look forward to the classes and projects to be created for and in this new year.

Happy Creating!







No comments: