MISTI Class With Altenew "Majestic Bloom"


I love stamping with Altenew layered stamps. One of my favourites, and on my wish list for a very long time has been this beautiful "Majestic Bloom" set. I look forward to making more cards for my own personal use and ideas when I can. In the meantime these are the two cards we will be doing in our June MISTI Layered Stamping class.


MISTI & Altnew Majestic Bloom Class
WHEN: Thursday, June 14th
TIME: 6:00 - 8:30
COST: $42 + GST (includes the $28.95 stamp set)
Contact Stacey at sbebc2011@gmail.com  or  778-533-4290 to reserve your spot
Hello MISTI Layer stamping friends! I am so excited to share with you the card samples for this class! I have wanted to get this stamp set for a while, and hope that you will love it as much as I do. In this class we will once again explore stamping with colours that are not traditional, and we will also learn how to stamp on coloured card stock using a white ink before adding colours. Stamping on coloured card stock can be a lot of fun.
PLEASE BRING TO CLASS: Completed cards (or photos) from last class, MISTI or Stamping Platform, scissors, heat tool, stamp cleaner, wipes for your hands, VersaMark pad, Embossing Buddy or antistatic tool, white embossing powder, scrap paper, Platinum Liquid Pearls or Nuvo Metallic Silver Lining drops. INK PADS - Memento Colours - London Fog & Gray Flannel, Pear Tart, Rose Bud & Lilac Posies; TH Distress colours - Shabby Shutters & Crushed Olive, Weathered Wood & Hickory Smoke, Spun Sugar & Worn Lipstick; Altenew colours - Silver Stone & Industrial Diamond, Rose Bud & Razzelberry, & Bamboo & Olive. If you have other ink pads, just make you best guess with the colours you see in the photos.


This first card we will be stamping mostly in gray tones except for one of the blooms. This one can be fussy cut or die cut out and popped up to make it stand out more in colour and dimensionally, as well.


The side view shows the bloom and sentiment strip popped up.


For this pink card we will learn how to stamp onto coloured cardstock. (You can see in the photo how my antistatic powder did not work too well this time round) I love stamping colour on colour!


Closer look at the sentiment. It was double heat embossed to make the sentiment pop out just a bit more.


Now this next card is not a card that we will make in class, but one that I will show in class. It is an example of what you can do using jus the leaves in this set, and using non-traditional colours for the leaves. I was upset about finding these spurts of water on this card after taking the photos. I guess I did it when I washed my hands...



So that is it for today. Hope that I get to see you in our class. We will have fun stamping and getting our fingers all inky.

Happy stamping!



No comments: