Retreat Project Share #1 - G45 Sun Kissed


Coming up in the first week of July, our family is gathering together as the children's Grandma is turning 94 this September. Some of my children have not seen here in over a decade! We are all excited to get together!

We are of course planning on getting photos taken of us all. There will be 4 generations there! I wanted to make a fun 'family reunion' frame for Grandma. She has a small place so I chose to work with a matted 5 x 7 frame that will not over power her space.

As some of us will be camping by the ocean, I thought this Graphic 45 "Sin Kissed" paper would be great! I of course had to make a card to go with it. We will have one of the youngest, present it to here.


So, I know some of you will want a closer look at it all so that you have an idea on how to make one yourself.


If you saw the two mats used in the frame, I really lucked out. When I took the layers apart, I found that there were two photos mats! So I just cut away from the inside of one so that you could more easily see the second mat peeking out from behind the first one.

Now, on to the card. You can not make a card with Graphic 45 paper and not fussy cut. Well, I can't anyway.


I love to miter striped paper. Here I created a 5/8" frame and popped it up.


When I make cards I like to do something on the inside too. Especially when the card is front heavy, Adding a couple of layers inside, helps the card to balance better. I had a little child left, and attached her on the inside.


Hope you enjoyed the project and card! This is such gorgeous paper, and I look forward to creating more things with this paper.

More retreat projects still to come. Happy creating!






No comments: