2 Cards Out Of 1 Coloured Die Cut - Altenew Layered Blossom 1



Thank you for stopping by today. Today I am sharing with you two cards that I made from one coloured die cut. These are the two cards.


What I did was cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock. At this point I had two ideas to choose from in proceeding. The idea behind this card came from Jennifer Mcquire's tutorial on 'Faux Stained Glass'.  I wanted to create this card using sponged ink colours, rather than the alcohol markers that Jennifer used. I thought I could achieve this in two different ways. 1) just ink blend the colours in the approximate areas, or 2) take out all the pieces and ink blend the pieces individually.

As I pondered this, I thought that I could get two coloured parts I could use to make two cards out of it if I did the first choice. So I went to blend ink colours in the approximate areas. I knew that this would mean the colouring would not be between the lines, but would be loose and interesting.

Once the colouring was done, I then die cut the piece. I kept the individual pieces separate from the frame and lines image.


So, beginning with this card (above), the next thing I did was die cut three more of this die in white cardstock, keeping only the lines & frame parts. I glued these three layers together, and then onto a  4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock. Next, I glued all the inside pieces where they fit. Then to give it that Faux Stain Class look I filled in all the sections with Glossy Accents. It's amazing to see how it looks when dried.

In this next photo you can see the shine from the Glossy Accents and how it dried.


Here are the side views.


Now let's have a look at the second card made with this die cut.


So, for this coloured frame I had die cut three more layers of thick white cardstock. I like the look of the raised image, so I did not mind working on gluing the layers together. Here is a closser look at the layers.


I cut the backing a bit larger than the frame to give it a matted look, and added the second mat layer behind that.


So that is it for the two cards out of one die cut (sort of...).

Here is the Altenew Die for you to see.


Now you can go and see what you can come up with using the 'Faux Stained Glass' techniques.

Happy creating!






No comments: