More Experimenting with Spellbinders Floral Oval



Okay, so the last post was about playing with my new Spellbinders Floral Oval, and I used Fall colours. Today, I am not using all the pieces of the die set, just the leaf vines and the flowers. I glued the vines all over the card, cutting off what hung over the edges and using the cut off pieces elsewhere on the card till it was covered.

I am wishing now that I had used more of a sky blue, rather than the navy, and a lighter green for the vines. But I was thinking how beautiful white daisies look against navy blue. It just did not work out well for this card. I may try and make another card like this with those changes and see what the difference will be.

So here is the card. I made it for a friend, just to send for no particular reason.

If you take a closer look, you can see that I used a Q-Tip to add the yellow in the centre of the flowers, and pulled up the flower petals just a bit.



You can probably see that better in this next photo.



What I like about this, is that you get a little bit of dimension, without making it difficult to send in the mail.


Would you be interested in seeing this card again in the lighter blue and lighter green?

I love learning when I play and experiment. How about you?

Happy creating!







No comments: