Wedding Card With G45 Floral Shoppe



As many of you know, one of my favorite things to do with paper is fussy cutting. There is something to be said about taking the flat paper and creating dimension with what you cut out of it. That is particularly true when it come to Graphic 45 collection paper.

My Dad and I attended a wedding reception of a grand-daughter from a dear friend. Because this family loves things Hawaiian, I thought a card filled with flowers would be the ideal thing for the bride. My mind immediately went to Graphic 45's Floral Shoppe. So one night I went through my scraps and 8 x 8 pad and watched a couple of episodes from a documentary series and fussy cut.

This is the card I made, minus the sentiment strip that I forgot to put on before taking the photos. The strip said "The Best Is Yet to Be". Any way, here is the card.


All the flowers on the front were fussy cut and attached, with the exception of a partial bloom showing on the right of the paper text. The 3/8" sentiment strip was tucked in just under the yellow bloom at the bottom and went across to partially covering the pink flower on the right. It mainly covered the leaves in that area.

I tried to get a close up of the fussy cut layered flowers, but you really can't see the details of it as well as I had hoped.


But, in the next two side views you can see it better.


I really wish I had not forgotten the sentiment strip for you to see, because it does add to the design of the card. Well there isn't much more to say about the card, but I do hope it inspires you to create something beautiful.

So till next time, happy fussy cutting! Happy creating!







No comments: