Thursday, September 8, 2011

Moxie Fab Horizontal Sketch and Fall Frenzy Link Party


They've had some mah-velous sketches on Moxie Fab coming from the new Card Ideas magazine! The horizontal sketch was actually my least favorite. I had plenty of ideas for it, regardless, and ended up with a one layer, masculine, somewhat monochromatic, autumn-themed card.

I started out by stamping the leaves and sentiment in brown ink and heat embossing them with clear powder. I applied the background stamp with Versamark ink and then inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The kraft heart tag was die-cut, the edges inked and a very minimal amount of ink to sort of stamp a heart in the middle. The tag was attached to a wooden brad with jute button twine. I stabbed the brad through a fragment of scrunchy seam binding that I got from Steph via the Papertrey Ink forum (can't thank you enough, Steph!!) and attached it to the card.

Here's a better look at the embossing detail:


”"[Edited to add:] Linda over at Craftaholics Anonymous is throwing a Fall Frenzy Link Party! This has been my only Fall project so far this year but I hope to add more soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Terracotta Tile, Kraft
  • Stamps: Leaf Prints (leaves), Tiny Tags (very faint heart in tag), Falling for You (sentiment), Fancy Phrases (Waltzingmouse Stamps - small flourish), Weave Backgrounder (Cornish Heritage Farms)
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and Versamark (both Tsukineko), Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Tiny Tags
  • Other Tools: clear embossing powder (Filigree), wooden brad (unknown), seam binding (unknown)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Dana, Your embossing is gorgeous...and I love your take on the sketch! Wonderful!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Dana, you did an AMAZING job with that! I agree, the sketch is blah but your interpretation was awesome!! Love it!

Shirley said...

How beautiful and I love how you did the leaves! How creative and what a great idea!

Cath said...

Hey Dana! Thanks for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)