Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lily Pad Cards and CR84FN

I love the sketch being sponsored by Hero Arts over at Lily Pad Cards and had to get this one in.

I also love the colors that CR84FN has out right now... I could create a million things with this color combo!

Here is how I combined them:

Posted by Picasa

It is unfortunate that I have so few Hero Arts stamps... I have 4 sets that are very sadly waiting their turn in my cart...

I actually measured, penciled in lines and masked to stamp 3 strips of of fun typewriter-type text... But then I saw the ribbon and HAD to add it. So there went all of my meticulous stamping. Anyway, I love the kind of distress-y background it makes to the ribbon.

The ribbon and pink ink go better IRL than pictured here.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select White (both Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: My Type (Hero Arts), Text Style II (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz (both Papertrey Ink), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
  • Other Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), ruffled ribbon trim (Webster's Pages), pink rhinestones (dollar store)

9 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Dana, LOVE the script behind that FAB ribbon! LOVE the typewriter and that sentiment! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun card Dana! Love the Vintage typewriter and fancy ribbon treatment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

kasia c. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabulous card!! the text, ribbon, typewriter and blinged out sentiment are just awesome. :)

Debgem said...

I think the ruffle ribbon and typewriter text are the perfect background for the typewriter! It's fab - lvoe the bling too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

lynn said...

so very sweet, dana!

Karen B. said...

Such a great card, love that typewriter as a focal point.

Marie said...

That typewriter is a fabulous focal point. What a great idea. The text and the ribbon make a wonderful background. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

Nona said...

This is amazing too, Dana! I love the text border and how it ties well with the typewriter :)

Shirley said...

A truly fun card!! Love the simplicity and the ribbon treatment too!