Sabrina's Favorites of Dana's 2011 Designs

Every year we like to post our favorites of the year from each designer. Narrowing it down to the top ten for each of us a bit of a challenge; at least for me it is. It takes me a while to work it down to ten.

Today is my turn, and I'm starting with the top ten of Dana's designs. I'll post mine on the 3rd. These are not in any order by the way.

1)

This my fav of Dana's Christmas cards. I love the colours, all the heat embossing, the layout, sewing, ink distressing, the ribbon, pins...everything! (see card details)

2)

 Dana's home decor project was a hit with me. Something I still haven't tried yet! (see project details)

3)

Window cards always appeal to me and the colours & layout are great! (see card details)

4)

This striking CAS made with itty-bitty scraps just blew me away! (see card details)

5)

Paper piecing I'm very partial to, as well. I love this card! It appears to be a simple CAS, but the work involved in the details from the layout, to colours, and visual textures are wonderful! (see card details)

6)

Many of my comments include the word 'colour' because I love colours
and notice them practically before anything else. This card has beautiful colours, and with the ink distressing/blending, it gives off a comfy homey feeling too. (see card details)

7)


Again, the colours! But the fact that the tag slides out from the buttons is a great stroke of genius! (see card details)

 8)

This one is so very striking! I love how Dana ink distressed the edges of the red, darkening it even more. Then there is the paper piecing i so like, and the drop shadow created using a Copic marker. (see card details)

9)

Have you noticed how good Dana is with CAS? The machine stitched path of the rainbow of butterflies is just gorgeous! (see card details)

10)
There are so many words to describe these Birthday Tag invitations! Stunning, adorable, cute, CAS, colourful, inventive....and so on. (see invite details)

Didn't Dana do an amazing job this year?! There you have my favs of Dana's designs for the year. To keep the size of this posting down, I'll be back in a couple of days to reminisce over my own top fav designs. 

 

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Ah...they are also so beautiful and I love the variety of styles. Happy New Year!