CAS-ual Fridays: Long Card and LilyPad Cards: Sketch

Don't you love waking up in the morning with terrific card ideas popping into your head? It's even better when it's Saturday and you have time to craft!!

I woke up with 2 ideas this morning and this was the first:


Perhaps my subconscious had dredged up this gorgeous inspiration photo from The Shabby Tea Room:


CAS-ual Fridays' long card challenge worked perfectly! It's supposed to be 9 x 4 inches, but I modified it just slightly so it could fit into a standard letter-sized envelope (and hoping it doesn't disqualify me!).

This card also works perfectly in my mind for the sketch challenge over at LilyPad cards. I've been eye-ing this since I first saw it and wouldn't mind making a few more interpretations of it. Love it!

A few notes on how I made this card:
I stamped both sides of the butterfly die cuts and adhered one wing to the card allowing the other wing to pop off. I then sewed (painstakingly) down their centers and added a selectively inked sentiment. I debated using black thread instead of white... May still try it that way! Love how this turned out, though!

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
  • Stamps: Happy Trails
  • Ink: Ladybug, Tangerine, Dandelion, Pear Tart, Danube Blue, Grape Jelly, Tuxedo Black, Rosebud (all Tsukineko Memento)
  • Die: Happy Trails
  • Other Tools: sewing machine/thread, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

14 comments:

Karen B. said...

I love this too! So colorful and happy! Thanks again for playing with CAS-ual Fridays!

Lynn said...

Dana, This is a BEAUTY...love how you pulled the butterflies together with the stitching.

Dana said...

Awesome card!! So pretty!!

Lin said...

Such a happy card, Dana! And you hit TWO challenges at once - well done! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Krista said...

this card is perfect! love the folded up butterfly wings, love the colors and that they aren't to bright and really, really love the stitched trail!

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is fabulous. Just fabulous. I adore your rainbow of butterflies and that stitching? OMGoodness. TFS!!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Merry said...

This card is beautiful....a wonderful idea.

kasia c. said...

Oh Dana! This is SOOOOOO pretty. Those butterflies are gorgeous! Stunning design. :)

Suzanne Russell said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing the inspiration picture! My daughter's wedding cake had butterflies and flowers in a similar design. I did butterflies for this challenge too! Love the way your card turned out-elegant, simply elegant!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your butterfly trail! ;o)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is fantastic!! I love how you captured your inspiration picture and translated it into your card. Stunning! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kryssi said...

This card is so so so beautiful!

Laura Davis said...

Wow, stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Vicky said...

I love the clean ans simple look of your card! Great take on the challenge. Thank you for playing with us at lily pad cards.